Environmental & Health and Safety
RETURN TO WORK
After a short term closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we’re pleased to announce that Nico has begun a partial return to work . Staff in various departments are returning in line with customer requirements, and our Covid-19 Risk Assessment is available to download from this page.
As the Coronavirus situation escalates we’d like to take this opportunity to reassure all customers that Nico are operating business as close to usual as possible.
A full COVID-19 statement is available to download here.
Nico are a professional and environmentally conscious organization who acknowledge the impact our operations may potentially have on the environment. Our clear objective is to reduce this impact by going beyond legislative requirements. We’re committed to reducing our carbon footprint and aim to minimize any environmental impact through the implementation of protective measures.
It is our goal to meet our social and environmental responsibilities by continually improving our policy of:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring, wherever practicable, that measures are taken to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna.
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- Having effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
Nico’s managerial and supervisory staff have the responsibility for putting these measures into practice and for making sure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work. All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. The directors have overall responsibility for environmental matters and fully endorse the policy and it’s implementation.
Nico complies with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of legislation, whilst at all times fulfilling, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organizations. All practical steps are taken to ensure that potential hazards and risks are identified and that suitable and effective preventative and control measures are implemented. Notable steps already taken include the installation of specialist water filtration processes within the factory, and the commissioning of independent carbon footprint analysis for some Nico products.
As part of the company’s commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, it is the intention that the company will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO14001.