UKAS and Indicative Testing
Nico are pleased to announce that we now have a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No 9458. This laboratory is accredited to test to BS EN 6375 Pts 1, 2 & 3 and PAS024:2016. Nico have indicatively tested windows for many years but believe the importance of UKAS tested product in the market place has never been higher. Fully independent testing (at the appropriately named ‘Window Test Centre’) is available for Nico customers and systems companies. The full scope of accredited testing is available on the UKAS website www.ukas.com and from the Nico technical department (01255 422333).
The Nico test facility also has the capability to carry out indicative testing to a number of British Standards. We offer the opportunity for our customers to test their products in preparation for full accredited testing
We can offer testing to:
- PAS24:2016 Enhanced Security Performance requirements for doorsets and windows in the UK
- BS 6375-2:2009 Performance of windows and doors
- BS EN 1935:2002 Building Hardware. Single-axis hinges. Requirements and test methods.
- BS EN ISO 9227:2012 Corrosion tests in artificial atmospheres
We also carry out a full programme of audit testing on our products, ensuring conformity to all applicable standards. These include :
- Locking systems tested in accordance with BS EN 13126-4:2008
- Clause 7.2 Durability test grade 5 Cyclic test to 25,000 cycles (we actually test to 30,000 cycles)
- Clause 7.3 Minimum closing device resistance test
- Friction Hinges tested in accordance with BS EN 13126-6:2008
- Clause 7.7 Durability test – Cyclic test to 25,000 cycles (we actually test to 30K cycles)
- Door Hinges tested to BS EN 1935:2002 Building Hardware single axis hinges.
- Testing to BS 1670:2007 Corrosion resistance of hardware